DAILY REAL ESTATE NEWS | WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 04, 2015
The wrong paint color can be a big turn-off to potential home buyers. House Beautiful recently highlighted some of the worst mistakes home owners can make when it comes to painting their house, including:
1. Painting a ceiling a flat white color."I never paint a ceiling dead white because all white paint has a bit of gray in it, and it takes the room down," designer Athalie Derse told House Beautiful. Instead, she suggests choosing a cream shade.
2. Too many colors from room to room.Some home owners may opt for a different color scheme for each room. "Even when I don't use the same colors everywhere, I still like the rooms to feel connected," designer Mona Ross Berman says. "The bedroom should never feel like it's in a completely different house than the living room. The whole house has to make sense as one."
3. Using the same color palette for the entire house.On the flip side, home owners who only stick to one color palette may be making the home too bland. "A two-color scheme can be great, but there has to be some relief, or it comes across as too pat and makes everything seem stiff," says designer Tom Scheerer.
4. Matching too much."You never want to match your walls to a color in one of your fabrics," designer Sallie Giordano says. "It will be too strong. Find a grayed-out version of the color."
5. Use neutrals to balance out color.Some home owners may be tempted to go overboard with one color. "The biggest mistake people make when they're trying to be colorful and exciting is to forget that you need to balance it with neutrals," says designer Todd Klein. He adds that architectural elements in white or even a few gray throws can give visitors' eyes a place to rest.
Realty Executives International - Where The Experts Are! Our Executives are experts in selling Tuscaloosa, Northport, the University of Alabama and West Alabama. Whether you need a cottage or a castle, call on us! With over 25 years of experience in the local market, our business is built on our reputation: We sell homes faster, and for a higher Percent of listed price than the average for our area. Find out why!
So you have decided you are ready to buy your first home.... Now what?
"We chose Dan Williams to sell our home based upon principles he has always demonstrated to my family for over 13 years. These qualities are: dependability, passion, eagerness, honesty, integrity, leadership, and most of all Christianity.
You can rest assured that Dan will do his best to help you buy/sell a home quickly and obtain you the best deal possible."